Thursday 2 August 2012

July Favourites - Top 5

Its the end of July already, wow, this year is going fast! I've been lucky to spend the majority of this month on holiday in Europe so my favourites are all consisting on items that translate the hot weather. At the start of the month I went to Florence (Florence Day 1 , Florence Day 2 , Florence Day 3) with my college, where we spend most of our time looking around museums and walking around the city. 

I was considering putting my 'Ecoute Urban Outfitters' woven sandals into my favourites but through-out Florence they hurt SO incredibly much. Luckily by the time I got to Spain my sandals had worn in and I could wear them comfortably but they won't make my top 5 this month... Anyway, here are my top five items of July 2012...


1. Woven and Tan Leather Rucksack is my first favourite for this month. After visiting a weekly market in Spain I was determined to get either a leather satchel or rucksack. 

When I saw this bag I instantly fell in love! the Aztec/woven pattern is to die for, and is definitely large enough for my books when I go back to college. With gold hardware and three smaller front pockets, it would be perfect for a day trip up to London or a day at the beach. 

The only let down to this bag is the smell... yes the smell... its that ghastly over the top leather market smell AHHH. it won't go away! I've tried everything! Deodrant, Draw scenters, Fabric spray, polish... it won't go away. So, if anyone has any ideas to how I can get rid of this smell then please let me know.

But anyways, i LOVE LOVE LOVE this bag and can't wait to start using it (after the smell has gone!)


 

 2. John Frieda 'Lightening Spray'. as many of you know I decided to dye my hair just over a month ago and my roots have started to come through. When I dyed my hair I did originally want to dye it in stages instead of going a really light blonde straight away, and I hoped that on holiday it would go slightly lighter... To speed up the process I purchased John Frieda's lightening spray which has worked a dream!

As the diagram shows below, you can use it in different ways to achieve different things. I wanted to lighten my roots so applied to my roots every few days and occasionally did the back of my hair and my fringe. Fortunately its worked a dream and my fringe is getting a lot lighter (and my roots are fading back to blonde).

I'd fully recommend this if you want to lighten your hair, however I do think its worked so well as i did have the powerful sun to aid it.







3. Floral Violet Bikini. I am very particular about my bikinis and this one is just perfect. I bought it from Marks & Spencer last year but only started wearing it this summer. 

I tend to wear it with short beach shorts and a cover-up to and from the pool/beach. It has also been one of my top five June favourites due to the floral pattern on the waistband. 





4. my new H&M Sunglasses have been a definite essential to this month and I've worn them practically everyday. I can't really say much more about these sunglasses apart from the fact they do what they're meant to do and I love the slight cat eye shape they have.





5. Finally the Beige and Red floral Scarf which I have been wearing in my hair to keep it out of my eyes and using it to sit on and tie around my bag.


This concludes my July Favourites - Top 5. August for me consists of work for second year at college (yes i know, work during a holiday!), some shopping, thrifting and of course READING FESTIVAL! i will be doing some festival looks in the next few weeks.


I hope everyone is having a great week! See you soon x


No comments:

Post a Comment