Thursday 28 June 2012

June Haul Favourites and New Hair

Here are the main/favourite items of clothing and beauty products i have bought and used during this month. The majority of the clothes i have bought are still being delivered, ready for my trip to Florence with college and then a family holiday late July. Once i receive them next week i'll do a pre-holiday haul and possible a lookbook.


Shoes: Woven leather sandals - Ecouté at Urban Outfitters

Hair dye: 9N light natural blonde precision foam colour - John Frieda 

Magazine: Company

Foundation: Wake me up foundation 100 Ivory - Rimmel London

Eyeliner: Extreme 24hr felt tip liner - Collection 2000

Hair: Sea salt spray - Label. M

Necklace: Gold choker with layered triangle - Topshop

Shorts: Wrangler authentic light demin wash - Asos Marketplace 

As we are going into the summer I thought I'd try a different foundation as my previous 'Rimmel London Stay Matte' did not have any SPF in it. After trying 'Rimmel London wake me up foundation' with SPF 15 i have come to the conclusion that even though it has SPF in it, its too thick and oily for my skin and only lasts a few hours without being reapplied. Even with a powder to set it in place, it does not cover my blemishes as well as i'd hoped it too... however, it does smell nice and my skin feels 'awakened' and fresh when applied early in the morning.


Hair

For a while now I've been contemplating whether to dyeing my hair blonder. over the past few years my hair has gotten darker and has approached a very dark 'dirty' blonde, with natural highlights. To the left is a photo of my hair before I dyed it (completely natural, so I am a newbie to dyeing my hair) I also thought, as its apparently summer I should get into the vibe with some fresh hair. 
Before dyeing my hair I read numerous reviews on whether I should straight bleach my hair or gradually dye my hair with different dyes. Weighing up the positive and negatives I decided to go blonder in stages... so that my hair would be healthier and would hopefully not go an awful shade of orange or green.    
I also looked at reviews on hair dyes. I decided on John Frieda's 'Precision Foam Colour' in colour 9N light natural blonde.

Application of the hair dye was pretty easy, although the instructions did say for short hair i should use 2/3 of the bottle. Now after seeing the end result, I wish i'd used the whole bottle to give my hair a more vibrant colour. 

I like the end result as it hasn't given me a 'flat' colour and I can now determine how much lighter I'd like to go. The shade of colour isn't exactly the colour it said on the box however I like the warm shade a lot. Over the next few days before I head off to florence I think i'd like to go slighter lighter, even if it doesn't keep the warm blonde tones that I have grown to like. 

Overall, i'd recommend John Frieda's 'Precision Foam' if you are new to the hair dyeing situation or want to try something new. Application was easy and mess free, i'm definitely going to be using it again.





No comments:

Post a Comment